Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hop The Border

So, what the hell is going on in this country? Yeah, I don't know either. I do know that I heard something absurd the other day. There's this whole deal going on about immigrants getting a guest worker permit so that they can work towards their citizenship. I can't seem to wrap my head around this issue. Why would anyone want to deny someone the right to come into this country, one that is clearly having issues with it's leadership, might I add. It seems to me that the borders should be open to anyone that may want to enter. What I find completely perplexing is that this country is chock full of immigrants. No one who is fighting against these immigrants has any right to, as it is quite likely that their families came here no more than a few hundred years ago. The only people that could possibly have an issue with this would be the Native American's, who the United States clearly could give a shit about anyways, as we've never asked their opinions before.

If someone could give a valid argument about why we should close our doors to immigrants, please let me know, as I cannot seem to. Just remember, you wouldn't be here if it weren't for immigrants. Gah.

I think we should all try to immigrate to Mexico, just to confuse everyone. Meet at my place at 9:00 & we'll take a caravan.

No comments: