Monday, April 3, 2006

Counter culture overload...

Currently listening to: the delicate hum of my computer
Currently reading: Family Trust by Amanda Brown

So, I really want to be selected for the free Conan O'Brien tickets. And I want to see the musical Wicked, now that I've read the amazing book. I think everyone should read that book, it puts an entirely different spin on The Wizard of Oz. I loved it. I might just read it again, you know, after I go back and read the entire Harry Potter series. I'm serious too, that's what's frightening.

Right now, I'm sitting at my desk and realizing how disorganized it is. I like to think that I'm a somewhat organized person. Except for my desk, that's where my inner crazy comes out, as Cat can probably attest to. It looks like a murder scene, minus the blood. There are about 5 different papers laying on it, a book or two, a few newspaper clippings, markers, scissors, 2 hair ties, 3 different CD cases, pictures, wires, a nail file, the sweet button that Cooper sent me, along with the Union Jack keychain and a coffee mug that I just drank chai tea out of. And you should see the inside of the desk. That's where my truly secret inner crazy person comes out. It's a tragedy really. Sometimes I get an idea about cleaning out my desk. Then I realize that I need each and every item in it for some reason. Eh, I'm ok with being mildly screwed.

This week I think I'm gonna have a counter culture overload. The international film festival is finally here, so I think I'm gonna go see 5 movies, that way I can split the cost of a 10 ticket pack with someone and save some cash. I've decided on: Watermelon Woman, Mardi Gras: Made In China, Good Night and Good Luck, Memoirs of a Geisha and My Summer of Love. Although there are a few others I'd like to see in there...

Ok, I think it's time to go to bed and read now. I'm out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can attest to your desk being the craziest spot you have in this room. Well... maybe your closet, but that is actually organized, it just has a lot of stuff in it. So yeah, your desk wins :P.

Love ya roomie!