Thursday, June 3, 2004

oh yeah, i forgot to tell you that i was an escape artist

Okay...I think everyone is going to be really proud of Lia and I after I tell you this true story. Let me set the scene: My mom is taking her friend to chemotherapy today, so she won't be home until between 4:00 and 5:00. Lia drives into my driveway and I reach into my bag to get my keys...uh oh, they're not there, so I remember that my mom put a spare key in the backyard...so I go put the key in the lock and as luck would have it, the key doesn't fit one lock in the whole house...by now, I hate myself because I have to go to work at about 4:00 and I have no way to get my uniform...so I walk into to the backyard in a last ditch effort to see if the key works for the garage, even though that wouldn't do me any good...and then I see it! I left my bedroom window open last night and the only thing stopping me from being inside my house is a screen and eight feet. So I go over to my neighbors house and his dad, who by the way is about 65, and he let me borrow a big ladder and his buck knife and Lia and I went onto my deck and she held the ladder while i dismantled the screen window and climbed in. Fun stuff.

No comments: