Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Who uses the semicolon...

Currently listening to: Wasted by L.P.
Currently reading: The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler

So can I just say I had the worst day at work ever. Well I did. I mean it could have been okay, but Steve was there and he ruined lives. First off, we were three people short when I got in, right @ 6:15. Luckily, Tom was on stock, so we just put him on a regular job. Niki was supposed to be our supervisor, but she called in sick, so Steve came in. Fuck. Anyways, somehow Steve expected me to be able to do 2 jobs at once. It would have been fine if I was on two jobs that somehow complemented each other. Mine, however, did not. I was supposed to be doing dishes, setting up mats, putting away dishes and all the while set up both stations with water, bibs, washcloths, coffee, tea and steam tables. Well fuck me. Ok, don't. Anyways, somehow I succeeded. Although I almost threw up at the stations.

Side note, I love Kathy Griffin.

Anyways, back to the day from hell. So then Steve called some guy in that I've only met once. He doesn't know anything. So after our break, I pretty much told Steve how to do his job and everything worked out well. So I went on desserts and picked up the slack that Steve was supposed be doing all day. Thankfully, most of the people I work with understand this and we got out only a little bit late.

Then I went to Best Buy to exchange my camera, as I really don't like the one that I got. I got one that was slightly more expensive. Eventually, when I figure out how to use it, I'll post some video up here. Awesome.

Too bad I have to work today, there's a Top Chef marathon on today and I've never seen that show, but I think it's something I think I could get addicted to. Hmm... thank God for Tivo.

No comments: