Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lemme get out my ray gun...

Yeah... about this last week. Shit. I've been busy as hell. I'll start with my actual birthday. I hung out with the aunts, which consisted of brunch & a little bit of gambling. I ended up with $30... even though they gave me money to start with. A little while later, J&J came over to check out my apartment and such, then I met my roommates and Jenny and Nicky (I think...) @ Fifi's. We had some delicious coffee, then went to Meijer. On my way back, I picked up Cat and we went to my apartment. Jenny bought us an amazing game for our apartment, called Catchphrase. It's completely addicting. You have to guess a word or phrase that another person is trying to describe without saying the actual word or phrase. Sounds lame. Jenny and I had an unfair advantage, since she can read my mind and all. Later on in the night, we all ate the delicious cake that my roommates baked for me. And we didn't use plates, because Jenny, the wisest of us all, theorized that we would have less dishes to wash if we used plates. True that. My cake looked like a disaster, but it was damn good...

Fast forward to Saturday. How, if you could chose, would you like to spend an entire day? Apparently I would like to watch sad movies and cry my life away. And so would my roommate Nicole. Good thing I guess. We started the day with Finding Neverland, then Fried Green Tomatoes. When that didn't get out all of the tears, we turned to Family Video. Never fails. We got the all time tear jerker, Beaches. That was rough... but not quite enough. I didn't think we'd be able to top it, but then it hit me, what is the saddest movie that I've ever seen? Life Is Beautiful... its about and Italian family in the Holocaust. And my god, I cried like I've never cried before. Shit. It was good though. Matt didn't know what to do with himself, he doesn't understand that sometimes, you just need to cry. But that's how boys are. Then Jenny kidnapped us and we went for coffee at Fifi's. I actually don't remember the chain of events at all, but Jenny, Nicole, Matt and I ended up on our front porch at five in the morning talking about astrology. Went to bed around 7 only to be woken up around 12 by my parents, calling to tell me that they were on their way up to visit me. How cool is that? They just drove up here out of the blue. We had a nice lunch and such, stopped by to visit Cat, then went back to my apartment for a bit. I'm a little fuzzy on the week since then, its just been school work. And a dance party or two. Because in my life, that happens.

No comments: