Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tyra Just Killed My Soul

So... I'm sitting here watching TV with the roommate and due to a lack of actual programming, we found the Tyra Banks show. She just hit a new low. To preface this, let me just say that I am all for equality of any sort... and also, I have nothing against people who aren't skinny, because obviously, I am not. I draw the line at the phrase "Women of Size", closely followed by "Size Activism".

And here's another thing. If you look at my family, more notably the women in my family, you will understand that none of us are skinny. In fact, we are all plus sized. Guess what? We are all healthy. That's the difference between healthy and morbidly obese. And promoting obesity is the same as promoting anorexia and bulimia.

To make matters worse, she is acting like obesity has no affect at all on health. Gahhhhhhh. I really want to punch Tyra. She is in a position of power and should be promoting a healthy lifestyle. Okay, so if you never want to read my blog again, that's fine, but I can't deal with the perpetuation of any eating disorders.

Remember Tyra, skinny people aren't the only ones with eating disorders. Dumb bitch.

No comments: