Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sometimes you need the dishrag

Currently listening to: Hype by Tegan and Sara
Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Last night I stayed up until about 5:30 this morning... why? Because I was racing myself doing Sudoku. I did keep winning though. I got down to under five minutes for one puzzle. It was fantastic. Then my brain hurt and I fell asleep. That's a little bit of the Thomas side coming out in me... obsessive... I did 17 Sudoku puzzles yesterday. Now I'm getting really good, once glance at a number set and I can usually tell you whats missing, without scanning it.

Anyways, I did post this in the temporary expat, but I thought I'd post it here too. It's a website called ruckus, it serves as a free music (and movies, at a low cost) downloading site for college students. The drawbacks? You have to be a student, with a student email account and you cannot put these songs on an mp3 player or a cd. Unless you can figure out how to re-encode them, which actually shouldn't be that hard to do. The upside? It's a bunch of free music that you can listen to wherever, as long as you have your computer. There is a lot of good stuff on there, new and old. I found some good Tracy Chapman alongside Mika.

In other news, I've been having really strange dreams lately. The last two that that I had were especially weird. The first one involved me going to Cedar Point and riding a new ride there... that didn't exist. Last night's dream was some sort of fair that me & my friends from home/CMU went to... but it was in Christchurch. And people were speaking French to me & it was rather advanced French... so I didn't understand everything. Also, there was a giant ferris wheel that wasn't really a ferris wheel but a giant wheel of death. I did ride it and it felt like I was riding it, which was pretty cool, except when I felt like I was going to fall out, since my body came out from under the lap bar, so I was only holding on with my hands. I was dead set on not falling out. I wonder what would have happened if I did let go...

No comments: